WRITE FOR FAMELESS QUARTERLY
Fameless Quarterly is constantly looking to build its team of writers. We’re a small team, and this is an opportunity to be in at the ground level and grow our mission of making a platform for visual and textual creativity. Give us your brainpower and drive, and we’ll give you mentorship and access to our growing network of artists, journalists, and partners.
- An interest in media, art, and their relations to culture
- A reliable internet connection, anywhere in the world
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Enthusiasm for Fameless’ mission and products
Why contribute to FAMELESS?
Contributing to FAMELESS can lead you to think of things in a different perspective and can be a reference for new opportunities. Your peers read FAMELESS, and they’ll see your work published in a fresh new forum, and many will visit your endorsements. Share your world.
Submit your artwork to us with the following information
- your artist name – titles, medium, dimension
- short bio & background
- URL of your online portfolio (containing only your own work)
If you’re sending your photos of visual art in an email, attach them in medium resolution.
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any submissions to the website must be sent to us via e-mail, per the guidelines below.
LITERATURE & TEXTUAL ART
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com
- LENGTH Submissions for the web should be short. Short as in a maximum of 1,500 words, but the truth is we approach pieces that top out at 1,000 words more pleasantly, and caress the ones that are even shorter than that. Submissions that are exactly 937 words seem to automatically appear on the site, we’ve yet to discover why. Submissions for print are of lengthier characteristics. We prefer essays and short stories in a maximum of 3,250 words. Poetry has no limitation or restrictions to any form.
- COVER LETTERS Are unnecessary, but not forbidden.
- PLEASE PASTE The entire document into the e-mail message. Do not send us attachments. We are afraid of catching anything from your attachments.
- SUBMITTING ONE THING AT A TIME Please submit one thing at a time. When you receive a response to your current submission, feel free to send another one our way immediately.
- FORMATTING Please do not use colors or Fun Fonts. Don’t bother describing how your piece would be best if formatted in a particular way because we won’t try to achieve this formatting on the site. We’re not that good at this whole.
- YOUR NAME Should be on your submission. Put your name and phone number under the title of your piece. Absolutely all submissions must look like this:
The e-mail address listed should be the one you would like to appear linked to your byline should we choose to publish your submission. If you do not want your e-mail address linked to your byline, please tell us so.
- YOUR SUBJECT LINE
Should give a clue as to what is contained in your submission. A version of the title is recommended. DO NOT make your subject line something like YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE THIS.
- RESPONSE TIME
Can be anywhere from ten minutes to a month.
REASONS YOU MIGHT NOT HEAR BACK FROM US
- Our spam filters thought you were concerned about our breast size.
- Being occasionally forgetful.
- You have an over-aggressive spam filter that rejects our reply.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK FROM US ABOUT YOUR SUBMISSION
- Rail to your friends about the callous insensitivity of free, Web-based content outlets to the needs and feelings of writers. Vow the most thorough and satisfying of revenges.
- Resend your submission. It takes less time to respond to a resend than to answer a query. We really do mean to respond to every submission in a timely manner and if you haven’t heard from us within the above-mentioned time frame, it’s just an oversight.
ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
Are happily answered if you send them to firstname.lastname@example.org