Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by Fameless Publishing Group is controlled primarily by Fameless Publishing Group LLC.
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you may supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you subscribe, order, complete a survey, register for a Site or any part thereof, enter a contest, upload content, participate in a community, or provide your e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you but may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Sites and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the Sites without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Registration for an account on the Sites
- Sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us
- Request for customer service or other assistance
- Participation in surveys, panels, or market research
- Participation in special events and promotions
- Purchases on the Sites
- Entry in contests or sweepstakes
- Participation on social media accounts involving Fameless Publishing Group, our books and our brands
- Participation in communities, chat rooms, and other interactive services
- Submission of user generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it
- Submission of a job application
- Any other place on the Sites where you knowingly volunteer personal information
Collection of Personal Information From Social Media Sites
When you interact with any Fameless Publishing Group property page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, YouTube, or Pinterest, we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page or account including your account ID or “handle.” However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such personal information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
In addition, when you interact with the Sites, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Sites. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Usage information about your use of the Sites. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you a more customized experience on the Sites.
- Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Your search terms and search results.
- Other information regarding our users’ use of the Sites.
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information From Other Sources
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources to, among other things, enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Sites.
Is Personal Information Collected From Children?
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Sites. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Post your user generated content to our Sites as you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Sites
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences on our Sites, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by e-mail or other another medium
- Provide you with advertising including advertising based on your activity on our Sites or activity on third party sites and applications
- Administer our loyalty programs
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of Sites in our network of Sites, all of which are owned and operated by Fameless Publishing Group LLC. and may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or from third party sources to enhance and check the accuracy of your customer records.
Use of Your Location Information
We use your location information to:
- Personalize your newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites and their purchasing patterns
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Sites or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Sites or the public.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may disclose or share Non-Personal Information (or other information, other than Personal Information) in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. Among other things, we will disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties to help us determine how people use parts of the Sites and who our users are so we can improve our Sites. We will also disclose Non-Personal Information to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Sites.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Sites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your Obligations to Keep Your Access Rights Secure
You promise to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your business as prompted by a Website’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Fameless Publishing Group has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Fameless Publishing Group has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Sites (or any portion thereof). You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
What About Contests and Sweepstakes?
Public Areas, Chat Rooms, Reviews, and Community Areas
Please remember that any information you share in public areas, such as message boards or feedback sections, becomes public and anyone may take and use that information. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any Personal Information that you expect to keep private. Please consult the applicable guidelines, if any, for use of our Twitter chats and other community areas for more information.
Notice to Non-US Users
Changes to This Policy
Do Not Track Practices